In the course of carrying out the services which we offer to our clients, CMS may collect, store and process information relating to you and your company. We take your rights seriously and this document sets out how we use and protect your data, and how you can get in touch with us if something is wrong.
Why we collect data
CMS offers marketing and business development services to contractors, sub-contractors and other professionals within the construction industry. In order to connect the services they provide with the projects you are responsible for, it is necessary to hold some data about you and your company.
What data we collect
In order to properly identify the appropriate person to speak to we collect personal data including; name, job title, company name and address, telephone numbers and email addresses. We do not store information on home addresses or contact details, unless those details are also used as your business address – i.e. sole traders and companies operating from a home address.
How we collect data
Our data comes from two sources:
- Information that is freely volunteered by individuals that we speak to or is publicised on your company website
- Information in the public domain – i.e. available through Local Authority planning portals or from third party data providers specific to the construction industry
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Who else has access to the data
We do not sell data to any third-party. Self-employed consultants have access to the data in relation to the fulfilment of their duties for and on behalf of our clients. Our clients also have access to the data, responsibilities as data controller may pass to our client on the cessation of our activity for them. If you do not agree to this please see the options below, which detail how you can control our processing of your data.
Controlling the information we store or process
CMS respects your rights to know what data we hold and to manage whether and how we use that data. Here is how…
- If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please click here and tell us your name and the name of your company to help us locate your record
- If you believe any information we hold about you is wrong, please click here and tell us what you would like changed
- If you would like to change the way we process your data, i.e. opt-out of future contact, please click here and tell us your name and the name of your company to help us locate your record
- If you would like us to remove your details from our database altogether, please click here and tell us your name and the name of your company to help us locate your record – please note, CMS will endeavour to ensure your details are not subsequently re-instated, however, as we source our data from third parties this cannot be guaranteed if you choose to request a complete removal – choosing the option above and requesting to opt out of future contact is a more effective way of preventing future contact.